Re: [NTLK] Getting our own house in order

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 16:47:23 EDT

Grant, If you want, my server isn't really doing much so if you want, I can throw it up on my server as a place just to have it available to people to at least see the images...
Let me know.
  Ed
  web/gadget guru

Grant Hutchinson <grant@splorp.com> wrote:

On May 16, 2008, at 1:22 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:
>> This existed as "Newtons Around the World" until the unfortunate
>> collapse of the Newted server. The Google cached version lacks the
>> images (of course) but you can see that there were quite a few
>> submissions (including a few of mine):
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5hw3fw
>>
>> Maybe we could do something similar on Flickr with the Newton group?
>
> Ouch! How sad. I had realized the Newton's around the world photos
> where gone also. That hurts!

Fortunately, the Newtons Around The World gallery was amongst the
data that *was* backed up before the Newted server went belly up.

NATW *will* return to the Newted Community once I have a bit of free
time.

In the meantime, I heartily encourage the use of the Newton group on
Flickr for posting images.

http://flickr.com/groups/newtons/

g.

Grant Hutchinson
Interface Considerations & Feature Deprecation

Weblog : splorp.com
Newton : newted.org
Design : veer.com
Photos : flickr.com/photos/splorp

Never mind that we just had an incredibly cold winter in North America and huge record snowfalls across the continent. As Al Gore said to a bunch of us the other day, these record cold spells and record snowfalls are actually caused by global warming. To which Jerry York replied, "Jeez then I guess we better stop this global warming before we all f**king freeze to death, eh?"

   - "Fake" Steve Jobs 3/24/08 blog entry