Re: [NTLK] Getting our own house in order

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 17:06:27 EDT

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Andy Hill <adhill@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Idea 1: -
> If UNNA could be changed so that each item was categorised and viewed to
> show:
>
> Type of licence: Freeware, shareware, etc etc
> Works with OS:
> Cost: Free or amount £ or $
> Contact: Contact details of vendour or not available
> Web: links to active web page if available or None if not available.

Planned, including links to mirrors of the developers' sites (archived
on mirrors.unna.org). Cross-referenced and all.

> Links to user set ups and hints: here would be a place for either
> descriptions of successful set ups or links to Newtontalk archives etc.
> Would save people searching for themes that come round and round.
> Photos: Small photos of set ups of the software / hardware working

Much of this exists in wiki and it is intended that that'll become
more of a general guidebook/user's manual. We'll have to see exactly
how that works out.

> Also for the search facility in Unna to be changed so that it searched a
> number of fields not just the description field. I.e. to make it
> googleable.

Ooh yes. The biggest benefit of the CMS is full searching.

In fact, Victor had purposefully denied any search engine bots from
indexing UNNA, but I'll allow it once the migration is complete.

Unfortunately, UNNA got tossed on the back-burner after recent upsets
in my life, but I've got a vacation coming up in a couple weeks that I
had intended to invest a considerable amount of time from into that
the upgrades & migration.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com