[NTLK] My last query about bluetooth.

From: Stuart Mingay <stuartmingay_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue May 20 2008 - 08:12:44 EDT

Hi all,

I posted on this subject before but I appear to have reached a standstill and can progress no further. The situation is this:

I have a fully working MP2100 with working WiFi, ethernet, serial etc. The final piece of the jigsaw, and something that would make the MP2100 even more useful to me, is getting bluetooth working with a mobile for internet access.

I have a Pico card and all the relevant Blunt drivers and I have got to the stage of starting the internet connection process (after pairing etc.) with my phone. At this point things fail. This is due to the fact that NIE (I believe) "echoes packet data" while my phone expects it not to.

I would like to hear from someone who can use their bluetooth phone to connect their MP2100 to the internet, because I would like to know what actually works.

My situation is:
UK based, using O2 network
Got SE K850i 3G phone
... the drivers etc. you know about.

What combination of phone and network works? I've got a fair few phones lying around so maybe I'll have one I can use.

Thanks for your time and sorry to go on about this again!

Stuart