Re: [NTLK] 2100 + Battery Rebuild = Fried Newton

From: Ryan Vetter <ryanv_at_me.com>
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 02:13:03 EDT

Nice response!

I am pretty sure it is fried off completely. The loud pop sounds as you described: a cap that explodes in the PCB. The fried smell is still present as ever. The Newt is not budging to power ups. Nothing.

Let this be a lesson to all: using rebuilt batteries can fry your Newton, subject to final testing I will verify this.

Too bad, it was a mint 2100. So much time spent on it... getting it going. Very frustrating. Luckily, all of my stuff was saved to the flash card which is now in my backup 2000 that is working great. But now I am out the 2100.