Re: [NTLK] 2100 + Battery Rebuild = Fried Newton

From: Ryan Vetter <ryanv_at_me.com>
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 19:16:21 EDT

Thank you, Matthias.

 I might send you my Newton for repair, but I will take it apart and find the culprit first.

I think after this, I will never use a rebuilt battery pack ever again in a Newton. I just picked up a rechargeable battery package by Sanyo called Eneloop.

They are one of the few rechargeable batteries that come precharged, and hold 85% of their charge after sitting for one year, whereas most of the other NIMH rechargeables lose all of their charge after such a period of time. They are 2000 Mah, and the package came with 4 AAs and 4 AAAs, along with a fast charger with wall and car plug. I got it on sale at Costco for only $23. Funny, only a few hours prior to this I bought an energizer package that only came with 2 AA batteries and had to buy another package of 4. These batteries lose all of their charge after 1 year of sitting, and cost me $50. So I will take it back and stick with the cheaper, seemingly better Eneloops.

http://www.eneloop.ca/