Re: [NTLK] 2100 + Battery Rebuild = Fried Newton

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 19:35:22 EDT

I wish we knew what was going on. I've been using a battery pack that
I re-celled probably 4 years ago and one that I recently did.
But I have re-celled more than 50 eMate packs, and though I have
occasionally had a bad solder joint I have never heard of one leading
to damage to the newton.
In my efforts to convert a battery tray I have shorted out a battery
by piercing the insulation, the heat generated is enough for serious
burn. It never got into the Newt.

I am concerned about this exploding Cap problem.
I always expected that jaggies would claim the last newton.

Ryan were you using an official Newton power adapter?

Woody