Re: [NTLK] 2100 + Battery Rebuild = Fried Newton

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 02 2008 - 21:26:34 EST

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com>wrote:
> Q: Is there such a thing as an external charger for MP2x000 battery packs?

I'm feeling like I'm often always talking to much in the past so I'm only
chiming in ocasionally like now.

Yes, there was one made during the tenure of the MP2x00 Newtons.
I've only seen it up on eBay twice.
First time at $75 and the second time I decided it I should get before they
don't ever show up again.
At this time I've not seen another one come up and I was glad that I got it
back then.

Check out the photostream listed below (remember courtesy of Grant)
I'm sure that one could be made again but there is little interest and the
cost would be prohibitive in my understanding.
Basically you can read my description/review but I'll give a short blurb
here.
It is a Universal Charger which offers the ability to charge (4) packs via
specialized charging cups as they are called.
The cups are NOT available through the manufacturer anymore as I've already
contacted them. Neither is the base unit.
My example has (4) cups made specifically for the MP2000 but only two seem
to properly function. It can charge a pack OR recondition them. The
reconditioning cycle basically drains the pack and then charges then. I've
got (3) cups installed at the moment charging/conditioning (2) packs as the
third cup is a bit finicky but it will work.

If anyone would be interested in me conditioning their pack I could assist
you (Contact me Off List).

Sorry, but if I were to let this go it would be first dibs for Frank ^_^

Cheetah Universal Smart Charger by Alexander Technologies
http://flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/sets/72057594066513277/

Well I've actually

--
God bless,