Re: [NTLK] Battery Draining When At Rest

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 22:16:04 EST

Also there is a piece of software, I can't remember the name, that allows
you to turn the pages of an E-book with the power switch. I had this
installed for awhile and found it interfered with the auto time out. If the
Newton was not plugged in at night the rechargeable batteries were pretty
much dead in the morning. Of course this was before I had the battery packs
rebuilt. So with Alkaline batteries I could see this happening after a week.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Dave Bellamy wrote:
<snip>
I have a couple of Newtons that I have used irregularly for the past 5
years. I have recently noticed that my MP2000 drains a fresh set of
batteries (AA - both disposable and rechargeable, and a rebuilt Newton
battery pack) in less than a week. This sounds about right but this is
when I have not used the unit at all.
In fact I recently tested this phenomenon and found that I can put in
a fresh set of batteries on the Monday, not touch the unit at all and
by Friday the batteries are completely dead. It seems to sit on its
stand and drain the batteries. It is not coming on my itself and I
don't turn it on except on the Friday to see what the battery level is.
Is this a problem others have encountered and if so what solutions
have people found?
<snip>