Re: [NTLK] Power supply service life?

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 10:43:34 EST

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:56 PM, James Fraser
<wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pardon my asking, but did your power supply die of old age? Or did it have some kind of "external assistance?"

I don't know. It was charging, and a few days later, I turned my
Newton on to do some conversions, and got a low battery warning. I
tried the charger on several Newtons, and it doesn't work. I don't
know what I might have done to it. The cable could have been broken
inside, but I haven't tested that (need to cut the cable to do that.)
:-)

I have a AA adapter somewhere, but can't find it. The kids use normal
nimh AAs in their Newtons (120 and a 130), so it's not so important
for them, but mine has the battery pack. Shame to go to nimh AAs in
the 2100 and 2000...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland