[NTLK] Question about Newton and WLAN (on Mac OS-X 10.4.11)

From: <info_at_punkt-x.de>
Date: Fri Oct 24 2008 - 09:07:06 EDT

Hi friends,

again inspired to use my messagepad 2100 after a long time
I'm trying to connect it via WiFi with my Desktop-Mac (OS-X 10.4.11).

The wireless-card I bought (Orinoco Gold) seems to be recognized by the newton.

I want to establish a computer-to-computer/Newton connection.
But that's the point: I'm not sure how to do this
  - or: I don't get a connection.

Is this possible at all between my Mac mini and the Newton directly
or do I have to go over my router??

At first step I tried it with no encryption at all (no WAP).

What I see is, that the Airport symbol in the screen menue doesn't
show "black waves", they are just grey. But the control panel shows
good strength of signal.
I have never before established a computer-to-computer connection via
Airport, so I don't know whether that's normal behavior or not. >?)

The instructions I found on the web had some gaps in this aspect...

Can you help me?

Stefan