[NTLK] Dedicated Newton Forum?

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 20:18:01 EDT

Hi:
While I don't want to mess with a good thing, I was thinking... what would people say to a new Newtontalk forum?  A nice forum interface subdivided into sections, like "Newton Software", "Lounge", etc.?

This way, when we want to stray off topic, we can do so in the appropriate area.  I also thought of doing some sort of creative things, like collecting conclusions to threads where a brief, 1 sentence blurb about the conclusion of the thread's topic would show underneath the topic thread title.

Complete with an indexed, searchable knowledgebase, searching forum conclusions and an archive of Newton information could provide us with a powerful interface for acquiring information.

Don't get me wrong, Newtontalk is great, but a bit byzantine.  Just looking to simplify things, make it more powerful, and put a fresh GUI on the thing.

What do you all think?  Stupid idea?