Re: [NTLK] Printing and Faxing with the 2000U

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 09:31:57 EDT

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Scott Hoffman <hoffo@mac.com> wrote:

> I just ordered a StyleWriter 2200 for use with both my MP 2000U and WallStreet II - from what I read it's a good printer. Has anyone had any issues with them or is there anything for which to be especially watchful?

I have one that I used with My PowerBook 520 through high school and
my PowerBook G3 (FireWire; a.k.a. "Pismo") through college, and still
use with my MessagePad 2100 (and occasionally other Classic Mac gear).

It's a pretty solid printer, but they tend to have paper feed issues.
Mine sure does. I have to regularly open it up and clean all the
rubber rollers with isopropyl alchohol. This makes them "sticky"
enough again to pull paper through.

> Also, with regards to the capability to fax... would the only thing needed be the "cigarette pack" fax/modem?
> For those of you who print, what printers to you use? For those of you who fax, what do you use?

I have one of the "cigarette pack" fax modems, but I never use it. If
you want to be able to receive faxes and immediately print it might be
good to look for a PCMCIA fax modem, but other than that I've heard
good things about the Newton modems.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com