Re: [NTLK] [LONG] The life on the dull side of OS 1.x (was: Interest in Newton 110?)

From: David Lawrence <newtonpoetry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 17:49:02 EDT

"...but I have no time for learning NewtonScript."
Then perhaps, Matej, you can understand why this group of "lazy" programmers
isn't in any rush to develop for your MP1x0: they have lives, too.

For a while, I only had an MP110, and I felt a bit left out of the sandbox
because all the cool stuff was happening a few levels higher, with OS 2.x.
All the cool apps, the better HWR, the customization - all the fun stuff was
for eMates and MP2x00s. But instead of complaining, I bought an affordable
eMate and I've been chugging along ever since.

Instead of harping about the "superiority" of the Newton 1.x stuff, I tried
out a 2.x version and now I have both. They each have their merits. And
it's been a lot more fun this way, I think, because I got to learn each
platform.

Much like people don't program for Windows 95 or Mac OS 7 anymore, Newton
programmers (bless their hearts) understand that the platform moved on in
the mid 1990s, and that's where it stayed. So you go with the latest
version, not the oldest.

dave

--
MessagePad Jabberwocky