Re: [NTLK] OT: Drive recovery software

From: johnsinho's! <suporte_at_fractal.med.br>
Date: Mon Apr 27 2009 - 00:20:33 EDT

Ken Whitcomb wrote:
> ... trying to recall the name of a fee-based data
> recovery application that runs in OSX. Essentially, you run the app.,
> it scans your drive and tells you how many files can be recovered

Yes!

> and shows you their names.

No, it doesn't show any names. You only see file creator signatures.

> Then you purchase what are essentially vouchers
> for MB or GB of data that can be recovered, from the publisher's
> website.

There is a very thin free threshold for trial. It did work for me but
only because I knew the signature, aproximate size and aproximate date
of the file I was looking for.

> Can anyone help me identify this software?

It's name is VirtualLab
http://www.binarybiz.com/vlab/mac.html

Good luck!
johnsinho's!