[NTLK] Y2010 Bug and MP130 (OS 2.0)

From: Alex Wenzel <aw.ntlk_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 18:00:41 EDT

Hi,
I'm new here (and to the Newton too!), so hello to everybody.
I never had (or even touched) a Newton, but have read a lot about this
remarkable device, and when I came across a new-in-the-box MP130 on ebay, I
couldn't resist and bought it. It has yet to arrive, but in the meantime I
read about the Y2010 bug and while the first information I had said that the
bug only applied to OS 2.1 machines, I now think that it also affects 2.0
(i.e., the MP130).

My questions:
1) Is this correct? Is the MP130 with OS 2.0 also affected?
2) Given that the fix will be ready in time, will it also work for OS
2.0/MP130?

Regards,
Alex