Re: [NTLK] Y2010 Bug and MP130 (OS 2.0)

From: R A Parker <RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET>
Date: Wed Apr 29 2009 - 01:33:00 EDT

On Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 3:00 pm Alex Wenzel wrote:

> I came across a new-in-the-box MP130
> on ebay, I couldn't resist and bought
> it
>
> read about the Y2010 bug and while the
> first information I had said that the
> bug only applied to OS 2.1 machines, I
> now think that it also affects 2.0
> (i.e., the MP130).

Me thinks so too...

> My questions:
> 1) Is this correct? Is the MP130 with
> OS 2.0 also affected?

Won't know until you try. My MP120 with NOS v2.O was acting up a couple weeks ago, first time I've used it in 2009. I'm going to guess that, yes... it's highly likely that all 2.x version Newtons are affected in some way.

> 2) Given that the fix will be ready in
> time, will it also work for OS
> 2.0/MP130?

Hope so...

When I get some free time this weekend, I'm going to try a few things. Guess I should pull out my MP130 and check it out too.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
     |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM