Re: [NTLK] Apple Tablet Probably Imminent

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 01:48:43 EDT

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Frank Lowney<frank.lowney@gcsu.edu> wrote:
> The weak point for iPhone / iPod touch and netbooks too for that
> matter is volume text input.

I dunno about that wrt netbooks. Most netbooks today have 10" screens,
and their keyboards are more than adequate. My Wind (a 10" netbook) is
very comfortable for me, and is my _only_ computer. Ok, not my "only"
but the only one I use. If fact, I seldom plug it in to a larger
monitor. My wife has the original netbook, the 7" eeePC, and it is her
only computer, too. She writes thousands of words a day. She just got
used to the small keyboard.

Onscreen and thumb keyboards--now they're another story, but the
smaller keyboards on netbooks are fine in my book.

Which brings up some points Ryan made in his email, which I'll get to
in a moment. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland