Re: [NTLK] MagicCap and Newton

From: Apostolos Koutropoulos <der_admiral_at_me.com>
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 13:07:00 EDT

As far as I recollect The Magic Cap was a join partnership between Sony and Apple.
Sony actually made a few Magic Cap PDA units, and there was Windows Software that allowed you to run the Magic Cap OS on Windows (3.1, 95 and NT4).

Here are some devices that ran Magic Cap.

http://joshcarter.com/magic_cap/devices

Of course the project was abandoned so it never really made it very far (kinda like the newton)

The Magic Cap OS had no HWR, it relied on an onscreen keyboard for data entry