[NTLK] OT: Better keyboard, mouse for iMac alu midsummer 2007

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 13:21:38 EST 2009

Hello,

--- On Wed, 12/9/09, Don Zahniser <dzahniser at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

>I really love the Kensington Slim Type keyboard, both for its
> feel and for its compact design.  I 'lost' it when I changed My
> Lady Technophobe over from a Quadra 650 with IIGS keyboard to a blue
> iMac. She has neuropathy, and the Slim Type is a lot easier on her hands
> than the other keyboards I had available (the iMac keyboard, Apple Pro
> keyboard, etc).

>From what I can tell, (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the Kensington keyboard has short key travel, feather-light touch, and a soft key landing.  Does that sound like an accurate description?

If I recall correctly, (again, correct me if the description I give is an inaccurate one as my own experience with them was [mercifully] brief) the newer Apple keyboards have short key travel, feather-light touch, and a *hard* key landing.  If that is an accurate description, that last property is one that might make for a somewhat rougher experience for the hands of typists (and would be particularly unkind to folks who have nerve problems).

Best,

James Fraser