Re: [NTLK] Wifi Cards and Browsers

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 20:58:50 EST

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>wrote:
> Sorry! My fault, I started a new thread in reply to another! I should be
> thrown off the earth! My Newton can stay behind.

Ryan you get on reprieve:-p

> The way to do this is to use, for instance, an Apple Airport Card with an
> appropriate antennae. You simply wrap the antennae around the inside frame
> of the device, like a Newton, and it should work. However, Apple Airport
> cards, the earlier ones, are 16 Bit? Will they fit?

Ah, No...You need the SONY VAIO version of the WaveLAN that has the same
foot print as the Airport Card.
The pins on the Airport Card are not the standard PCMCIA so it will not work
iirc.

The one listed in my prior post works fine with the low profile antenna but
I'm tempted to try the Antenna from the Pismo LCD now :-P

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung