Re: [NTLK] Wifi Cards and Browsers

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 21:11:42 EST

On Feb 19, 2009, at 8:58 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> Ah, No...You need the SONY VAIO version of the WaveLAN that has the
> same
> foot print as the Airport Card.
> The pins on the Airport Card are not the standard PCMCIA so it will
> not work
> iirc.
>
> The one listed in my prior post works fine with the low profile
> antenna but
> I'm tempted to try the Antenna from the Pismo LCD now :-P

I assumed that statement was about the Airport Extreme cards. I can
take a Lucent WaveLan card, plug it into the Airport slot of my G4
PowerMac, and get wireless access. I can't close the case because of
the antenna, but it does work. I think the original Airport card is a
standard PC Card and should work in the Newton.