Re: [NTLK] Desperately seeking connection (MessagePad 2100)

From: Tony Douglas <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat Feb 21 2009 - 16:32:07 EST

Hi there,

You mentioned that you've got 'use WEP unchecked' - if it's unchecked you won't be using WEP encryption so you won't get onto your network. Check the 'use WEP' box and it might well be fine.

'Open system' vs. 'Shared key' is about what happens when you first try to join your network. 'Shared key' has a key exchange at startup to compare the keys, 'open system' just assumes the keys are ok and let's you jump straight in. The Newt drivers don't seem to do the shared key exchange, but work fine in an open system environment. I have only used Netgear stuff, so I'm not sure how you'd check this out with an Airport I'm afraid.

Hope this helps,

- Tony