Re: [NTLK] Any tips on using Mail V? This is my first email o

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun Feb 22 2009 - 20:57:12 EST

What a frustrating Newton day... brain wipe on the 2000 because I kept getting the not enough memory error messages, and I could not leave the Notes application that was set as backdrop as a result.

I have a 2100 as well, and am finding it really hard to use the 2000 over the 2100 because of all of the memory error messages. Freezing packages can work, but when you can't get outside of Notes, it really doesn't help. I think there is a freeze app that freezes all apps that are not being used?

Anyway, I am using the 2100 with MailV. I thought I should mention, even though yahoo told me to use specific ports for out and in mail, where these port numbers can be added to MailV in the setup area by appending the server address with a colon and the port number (i.e. smtp.yahoo.mail.ca:587), this did not work. I took the port numbers off, and finally MailV is sending mail again, and checking for new mail.

I also have the POP plugin installed, and have inserted "POP!" into the IMAP path under the advanced tab. With some rules set up to ignore messages over the size of 90k, as well as anything over 1 day old, I am getting this error:

"Mail V
The application does not have enough memory available to do what you asked."

And a long loop of a flashing box that says, "Disconnecting from Yahoo" which comes up shortly after. It probably flashes and chirps 50 times before it disconnects. Right after it disconnects, this error comes up:

"Mail V
Unknown Newton error at 0C695880"

Mail V has almost made me cry, I have been struggling with receiving Mail all weekend and still this. It should be noted that MailV, along with all its plugins, are installed internally, not on the PC Card.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ryan