[NTLK] Newton Knowledgebase Launched

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Feb 26 2009 - 05:09:32 EST

Hi:

I have been talking about this for about a year. I thought I would put this out there, and get some feedback from you all. I launched a new Newton Wiki to help people get along with their Newton in today's world. I do appreciate all of the other sites, and their are very useful, but as time goes on, they become more dated and broken.

So this site is something that you can contribute to. Over the past 2 years, I have documented many problems and solutions from this list, where the solutions, in some cases, where not really available on the web other than searching the NTLK archives which can be hit or miss in terms of finding what you are looking for (but I suspect the information is there, just hard to find at times).

Some really good knowledge on this list. So hopefully some of you feel like you want to contribute. With all of the information I have extracted from NTLK, and other sites, I should be able to put up about twenty support articles myself, which I will be slowly doing. So this is my way of giving back: all the questions you have answered for me, as well as problems and solutions extracted from the NTLK archive.

The whole purpose of the site is to allow new users of the Newton to get going quickly, and to give experienced users a repository of useful information that may have been forgotten with time.

I certainly am no Newton expert, although I have learned a lot about the device over the past few years.

I and am bested by many of you when it comes to the Newton, though, so I hope people feel like contributing.

Linky:

http://www.thisoldmac.ca/newtonknowledge/index.php?title=Main_Page

Thanks,

Ryan