Re: [NTLK] OT: Help Requested for older Mac OS

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 22:25:44 EST

Hey R,
Actually I have not checked the PRAM battery as of yet. I did pull the slide
out board and was able to boot up to the 9.2.1, 9.1 or 8.6 but then it
stopped because as you said they are machine specific versions and I never
purchased or received one that was Retail non-machine specific :(
The system does not see the HD and I'm not sure if the person who gave me
the Mac did anything to it. The HD is a 2.1 or 2.4GB IDE, I read somewhere
that it can access a larger one and I think I installed a spare 20 or 40 GB
in there right now... but no mater which OS I tried to boot up it can not
see the HD just the CD :(
I'm located in NY, Flushing 11367 is the general area ^_^

Sonny

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 8:08 PM, John Broughton <jdbroughton@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Sonny,
> Have you checked the PRAM battery? The 6400 supports and will boot from Mac
> OS 7.5.3 thru 9.1. It will not boot from a system disk from another or
> different Mac as the disks included with a particular system are specific to
> that hardware series. Where are you located?

God bless,
Sonny Hung
the Hung Family