Re: [NTLK] Is iPod Touch the Newtons future?

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 23:08:50 EST

Thank you everybody for your input on the iPod touch/IPhone, keep it coming! Your thoughts are giving me insight into software I need to find to address the iPod touch/iPhone issues, of course most hardware issues can't be addressed but we have plenty of room to Newtonize with software.
Some people are mentioning issues with entering data on the Touch, here's what I've discovered.... Since I use a blackberry pearl too the touches keyboard feels very large to me (the screen too) but I type on it the same way when in portrait mode, I hold the unit up with my left thumb/third finger on my right hand, use my right second finger to brace the units back, my right index finger and left second finger hold on the sides of the top and I is my left index finger and right thumb to type. In widescreen mode I find it best to hold the unit between the balls of my palms and thumb type, they do have a few apps on the app store that allow you to type emails using the widescreen keyboard (touchType and easy email are free ones I've found). The one thing I have to keep reminding myself is to aim to hit the letters with the center on my fingers otherwise I don't get the right letter. Hope that helps.

Joe Reilly