Re: [NTLK] When was the last time you saw another Newton

From: John Coady <jcoady_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 19:21:06 EDT

Andy,

>NewtSpotting! (more exciting than cricket......but only just).

I can understand why you are feeling a bit down at the moment. After
a great start yesterday it looks as if you are going to have a hard
time hanging on to your lead (1 for 249 in reply to 435!!!).

>Ps: One of my ambitions is to go to Canada one day and when I get there
>one of the first things I'm gonna do is set the family down to a plate
>of the finest Poutine

As an ex Aussie now living in Canada I can assure that it will be
well worth the wait.
***

On your main point, it's years since I saw one in use. A guy I
worked with had one and I saw one being used on a plane once. What I
enjoy are the conversations I sometimes get into when I start writing
notes on my 2100 when I'm doing research in the Archives.