Re: [NTLK] Office Politics

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 00:09:00 EDT

Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones who has a boss who is somewhat intelligent.
When I was working for WorldCom (yes, *THAT* worldcom) I had a boss whose favorite pastime is to get the entire hosting team in a big room and have several non-productive meetings per week. During these meetings, he made the announcement that there were to be *NO* laptops what-so-ever. So, I brought my Newton. When he spied me at the back of the room taking notes, he stopped the meeting and singled me out. He pointed to my Newton and in a rash and abusive tone asked me if I was playing video games on that thing. I had to explain that I was taking notes...he said OK, but to do so quietly...that's when I realized that the reason for no laptops was not because he wanted everybody to pay attention during the meeting, but because of his own insecurity in thinking that all people would be doing is playing solitare while he was speaking' what a narrow minded boob he was
Ed
web/gadget guru

By Richard Feynman, Physicist, Nobel winner (1918-1988)

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."