Re: [NTLK] Dare / plea

From: Jim Lee <jimlee_at_centurytel.net>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 12:47:53 EDT

I joined the list back around 1997, when the MP2000 first came out.
My boss ordered one for me to play with (I was an R&D software
engineer at the time). I was also on the preorder list for the
original USR PalmPilot shortly after that. When Apple killed the
Newton, I dropped off the list. Spent several years developing Pilot
apps, then moved on to other things.

Now, 12 years later, I've rediscovered the Newton and rejoined the
list. I use an MP2000 (upgraded to MP2100) daily for notetaking and
listmaking. I have a "real" MP2100 for backup, and a couple of OMP's
that were practically being given away by the local Goodwill. The day
after I (re)joined, my current employer went through their third wave
of layoffs this year - this time I got the envelope. :-( So, I'm not
sure what the future holds, but I'm enjoying the Newton in the
meantime...

-Jim