Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iPhones/iPhone OS 3.0

From: Dennis B. Swaney <romad_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 - 09:35:05 EDT

Reilly001os@aol.com wrote:
> Wow, 29$ USD for snow leopard! Maybe leopard sales weren't as good/steady as expected because of the economy and the amount of machines they stopped supporting? Although iirc their sales of leopard were really good but maybe the increased sales were due more to the recent increases in market share (new users/new machines upgrading from 10.4 or just totally new users) rather than heavy adoption by the already installed base of old users/old machines. I just recently bought a leopard family pack because my main machine was a G3 ibook until I got an acer aspire one to hackintosh in February ( because monies to tight for even a refurbished macbook).
> The important question is will newt sync software still work with snow leopard? What sync software was working with leopard? I never really paid attention since I didn't have leopard until recently (and I rarely sync anyway since my newt is so stand-alone after getting every thing setup).

Joe,

The $29 is the upgrade price for current users of Leopard. If you don't
have Leopard already, then you'll have to buy the Snow Leopard box set
for $169. Now the question is, will users of Leopard on PowerPC machines
  be able to get Snow Leopard (SL) for $29 even though it will only work
on Intel Chip Based Macs (ICBM)? I would like to have a copy of SL on
hand for when I finally need to get an ICBM as I can't justify spending
over a thousand dollars just to be able to buy a $29 piece of software.
Maybe, once I find out the minimum ICBM needed for SL, I can find a used
  laptop somewhere.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney