Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Patch 71J059 - Year 2010 Fix

From: Eckhart Koppen <lists_at_40hz.org>
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 16:48:12 EDT

On Jun 8, 2009, at 01:58 , Doug Denby wrote:

> Having heard no reply to my queries about the ability of patch 71J059
> to handle past dates, I am assuming that either it has not been
> tested, or the tests have failed and perhaps the intrepid Eckhart is
> working on it. In either case, I have to have patience.

I just tried this by creating a note with the creation date somewere
in 1904, and experienced no problems. The 2010 bug affects only short
term alarms (using seconds as the base), the rest of the system is not
affected.

> What makes my situation a little less tenable is the fact that when
> notes are transferred to a desktop, with any of the tools I have
> tried, the creation and modification dates are lost.

The RDCL would be a basis for anything more advanced in that direction:

http://rdcl.sourceforge.net/

Eckhart