Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iPhones/iPhone OS 3.0

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 18:11:52 EDT

David,
I believe apple offered the upgrades at retail but you had to ask for them and they weren't boxed, just the disks, welcome guide, etc, in a standard apple plastic sleeve with apple part number (that's how mine was, but I didn't get it from apple). I'll dig up my 10.2 stuff and check but I'm fairly certain they were legitimate upgrades for retail sale as I have a 10.4 drop-in DVD upgrade that says right on it "not for sale" and iirc my 10.2 upgrade wasn't labeled that way. I bought my 10.2 upgrade from otherworld computing and as far as I know they don't deal in the "not for sale" less than legal stuff. Maybe apple didn't sell upgrades directly? I got my upgrade long after 10.3 was out so apple didn't offer 10.2 in any way at that time.
Joe Reilly