Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iPhones/iPhone OS 3.0

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed Jun 17 2009 - 06:30:44 EDT

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Lord Groundhog<lordgroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> Answers on a postcard or a poster -- whatever size it takes to help me get this.

Think of it this way. You travel with a phone and a laptop. Laptops
definitely aren't cool, especially on the tray in an airliner. they
don't fit. In fact, I used to have problems getting my Newton and
keyboard on some airline trays. It's no fun, as well as the extra
luggage required to carry the laptop (you know, cables, power supply,
etc.). Now, Imagine the iPhone and a tiny, foldable keyboard, like I
have for my Palm. That's it. You want to backpack, it's the solution.
there are several reasons I can think of off the top of my head. Your
problem, as I see it, is that you see the iPhone merely as a fashion
accessory, and not as a serious tool. Well, I know people who see and
use their iPhone as a serious tool, and I know they will be wanting
the keyboard. But you don't really need to bother trying to get it.
That's your issue.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland