[NTLK] [ADMIN] Off-Topic Post Etiquette

From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 22:46:34 EDT

A gentle reminder.

Seeing as how off-topic threads seem to have become the norm rather
than the exception of late, I am posting the following text from the
NewtonTalk FAQ as a service to the entire list.

 From the 'List Conduct and Policies' section:

"Off-topic posts and threads are generally tolerated if they were
spawned from an on-topic thread. This is a different policy from many
other mailing lists which have established separate lists for off-
topic subjects, but here at NTLK we maintain a more casual atmosphere.
However, threads which stray into heated topics such as politics,
personal beliefs, morality, or PC vs Mac discussions and the like
should not exist on the list. Please take these topics to a more
appropriate forum (like Usenet). Please tag any off-topic posts with
[OT] in the subject line, so that people who do not want to read them
can easily filter them out."

http://www.newtontalk.net/faq/

Your cooperation in keeping NewtonTalk a happy, healthy, and useful
resource is always appreciated.

Grant

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian