Re: [NTLK] i-Poll

From: Steven Scotten <splicer_at_paroxysm.com>
Date: Fri Jun 19 2009 - 19:35:48 EDT

My take on the profusion of iPhone users on the Newton list is purely
from my own experience: You folks here know what I'm trying to
accomplish with my iPhone. Some of you disagree about whether it's
possible, but you know what the iPhone *could be* instead of just what
it is.

What it is is good. What it could be is really amazing. People on
iPhone forums don't want to hear that they could be better (and they
have to fend off the flames and the FUD of everyone who boycotts the
iPhone for whatever reason, and therefore get accustomed to the
defensive stance.) Newton people get it.

If there needs to be a separate forum, it couldn't be one of the many
iPhone forę. In order to be useful to me (and I'd guess many other
iPhone users on this list) it would have to be specifically a "iPhone
users who also use(d) Newtons" forum.

Steve