Re: [NTLK] Human Interface Guidelines

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Jun 19 2009 - 21:26:43 EDT

Bob,
If IIRC I was told that phatware is the current owner of the paragraph hwr code and thus the writepad apps for iphone and the companies other series of apps for other devices are the evolution of the paragraph hwr. Having used the writepad demo and writepad notes apps I can confirm that the hwr is very Newton-like in the way it recognizes, the control character strokes, etc. However the notes app is immature still (no folders, multiple views, text formatting, etc). It feels very much like the author grafted a simple note app onto a hwr engine rather than putting a hwr engine into a mature notes app but with the new copy and paste in 3.0 it may be possible to input text in writepad and just copy it to the app of your choice (which might be nice for longer notes, lists, etc but not very practical for shorter, multi field things like contacts).
Joe Reilly