Re: [NTLK] Human Interface Guidelines

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Jun 20 2009 - 04:43:44 EDT

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Bob Carls
Dudney<kosmicdollop@saber.net> wrote:
> Not that Newts can't be used as distractions: e.g, games, forever
> hunting for the perfect app or utility, etc. Anything can become an
> obsession/distraction, of course.

And the Newton most _certainly_ was excellent at that back in its
heyday. There used to be an endless stream of apps to demo and
experiment with, and bunches of games, too, although once I discovered
SoloDX, I stopped looking. ;-) It's not like the Newton was always a
dead-end device, eol'ed a decade ago. It used to be a hopping
ecosystem. I remember the very full AOL chat rooms when developers
would come and do interviews, etc. Newton Reference was a web site,
constantly being updated, etc. Basically, the buzz around the Newton
was almost as big as the iPhone today. It just took place in different
spheres and in different ways. And I could _easily_ find things on my
Newton or about my Newton, that kept me from getting work done (like
checking my AOL email) ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland