[NTLK] I am in Newton Hell...

From: Steve Crooks <scrooks_at_felis.com>
Date: Sun Jun 21 2009 - 22:34:51 EDT

Hi everyone. I've been following your exploits on this listserve for
years now with fascination. I've never found the need to chime in
because 1.)I've always been a rank amateur Newt-wise and 2.)nothing
ever EVER went wrong with my Newts, a 120 and 130, to be exact. Solid
as a rock for 13 years or so. All that changed a few weeks ago. My
130 was having persistent startup problems, and in a flurry of forced
restarts, I managed to erase the whole danged thing. After gathering
my frantic wits, I was delighted to find that my 120 had, while not
the most up-to-date content, at least most of the near-and-dear
stuff. I had ported most of my contacts over to a PC card, so most of
them were saved as well.
Now lo and behold, my 120 is freezing on restart! I can't find any
reference to this kind of thing on Google, probably because being
such a sturdy OS, a consistent freeze/crash scenario has never
occurred in the memory of mankind, let alone twice.

Am I cursed? Help me please!

Steve Crooks