Re: [NTLK] Fried 2100 board charging high capacity batteries

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 11:44:32 EDT

Hello,

--- On Fri, 5/22/09, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:

> ~~~ On 2009/05/22 23:07, Dan at dan@dbdigitalweb.com
> wrote ~~~
>
> > Personally though I just use a sled and swap the
> > batteries. Only takes a minute to have a full
> charge. Can't beat it for speed. ;)
>
> I'll bite. Where does one find such a sled, or did
> you make it yourself? It sounds like something worth getting.

I didn't see a reply to your question, (did I err?) so I'll give it a go:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/post7j

The above links to an eBay listing for a MessagePad 2000/2100 AA battery tray (or "sled," whichever you prefer).

It's not a very exciting piece of hardware, but my own thinking is that the eBay seller is offering it at a Very Exciting Price Point. :) Which is why I feel obliged to point out that I am not affiliated with the seller, cannot vouch for them, and merely offer the link as a quick-and-dirty way of familiarising you with the item in question.

If you don't already have one, a WTB post on the list might net you one at a much more soothing price.

Best,

James Fraser