Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Patch 71J059 - Year 2010 Fix

From: Radek W. <radekw13_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 30 2009 - 00:22:52 EDT

Hi everyone.
I just got a MessagePad 2000 last week and as soon as I heard that 71J059
was successful on MP2000 I decided to give it a try. It worked, but on a
second try.
The first try gave me "An error has occurred during loading; probably out of
memory. The System Update was not installed.". I installed the override to
revert, removed the only two applications I had installed, removed the flash
card, restarted, and installed the patch again. It worked this time.

I set the date to May 2010, went to Dates and it worked. I'll test it some
more with alerts.

I want to thank all who made it possible !!!

--
Radek
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 9:50 AM, W. Kim <wanjin32@yahoo.co.kr> wrote:
> I applied the patch on my MP 2000 and I have no error message after applied
> the patch.
> After reset of the newton, it works without any issue.
>
> I tested from clock setting to change more than 2010, and still remains the
> setting date.
> Before applied patch, the date was back to 1996 when date setting was
> beyond 2010.
>
> After confirm my MP2000 working without any problem, I applied the patch
> another my MP2100, and it worked as well.
>
> Thanks for your great job, Eckhart!
>

> That is quite interesting! I haven't gotten to figure out how to make
> it work on MP2000's yet, but good to know it might be just fine.
>
> Can you see what happens if you unfreeze the extensions after the
> patch has been installed like this? The patch is only slightly bigger
> than the 717260 patch, it should usually not cause memory problems.
>
> Eckhart

Radek