[NTLK] eMate Battery "New"?

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 21:17:07 EST 2009

Your battery may in fact be weak, in which case it should be re-
celled.  I and others have offered this service in the past.
be sure to look to other settings, like turning off auto receive in
beam, make sure that you have not set the light to come on when
started because the Newton turns its self on at 3 am to update
calendar etc.  Some folks have found that they had even set the sleep
to never.

I don't know how long a battery should last in use due to wifi,
backlight or ir use.  But I would expect on standby (there is no off
short of removing all power) to have more than 80% power after a week
on the shelf with door shut.  And at least 10 hours of 'regular' use,
mixed backlight on and off.

Woody