[NTLK] My newton future... :-(

From: <rhonda_at_write-on.org>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 21:29:55 EDT

I was going to get my newton back into active use with my new job (not
much call for scheduling and PIM type stuff while unemployed, though I
did use it for tracking my job applications - the first time I had used
the calls app).

Unfortunately, half way though my first day at work, a blackberry
landed on my desk. I have to carry it; I have to use it as my work cel
and work email when I'm out of the office, which I will be frequently.

As much as the newton is vastly better in so many ways, it's not a
phone and it doesn't have push email anywhere there's cel signal.
Personally, I don't think those are required features, but my employer
does. And, sadly, I will probably end up not using my newton even for
contact/calendar/etc stuff because they seem to use the MS Outlook
calendar system, which I have to sync to my blackberry for work...

I resist putting my personal stuff on work owned equipment. I may still
use my newton for my personal to do and calendar, but honestly - my
calendar is regular enough and the irregular stuff is rare enough that
a whiteboard on the fridge for short term and iCal on my laptop for
long term have been doing a good job.

I had it at work with me the first few days. One of my co-workers
thought it was pretty big "for a calculator"...

*sigh*

-Rhonda