Re: [NTLK] Another Newton feature now available for the iPhone

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 23:21:30 EDT

No, I am referring to the Windows Mobile versions. As for desktop versions,
you may be right. With the release of Windows 7, Calling Vista windows 6 has
some validity. But I was more addressing the thought that Windows Mobile is
dead or in some way a bad mobile OS. It is NOT a Newton, or even a decent
Newton competitor, but it is a viable hand held computer. The same as my
Nokia is not a competitor for my Newton. I run the Garnet Palm emulator in
it for PIM functionality. But that does not give me alarms. And there is no
quick way to enter text. But as for internet access, pdf and doc viewing,
spreadsheets and the like, it is fine for that and the text entry is good
enough. But when I go to a seminar, I still break out my trusty 2000UPG. Of
course, once I get to a computer I dump the notes into my Nokia. Mostly I
wanted to point out that there are alternatives and different schools of
thought in OS and mobile devices.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt@Gmail.com (Nokia N770)