Re: [NTLK] Geocities Sites gone in three days...

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri Oct 23 2009 - 11:51:01 EDT

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Apostolos Koutropoulos
<der_admiral@me.com> wrote:

> There is an application called web devil for the mac which goes and grabs content from as web site.
> Now getting all of Geocities.com would be a serious undertaking!
>
> I've gone through and I've archived a couple of websites that deal with languages or technology that are no longer maintained on geocities so I have access to them.

I archived as many of the Newton-related sites to
<http://mirrors.unna.org/www.geocities.com/> as I could, but had to
redo much of it manually as Yahoo/Geocities has some very annoying
bandwidth limiting on their free hosting. You'll want to double check
every file that you archived to make sure none are actually just the
contents of one of their "bandwidth limit exceeded" page.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/