[NTLK] OT: iPad vs. MS Courier: Sound Off

Ryan newtontalk at me.com
Wed Apr 7 18:38:24 EDT 2010

You know what I am waiting for?

Completely free computing.  No more desks.  No more keyboards and mice.  No more glossy screens.  No more 20 degrees of separation.  Augmented Cognition.  Always on.  Always connected.  Accessible at will.  Thoughts-text.  Thoughts-actions.  Just think of something and it happens.  That's freedom.  And there's already research showing we can do all these things today.

Once this stuff is here in full form, we can finally retire our computer chairs and scroll bars. I think the biggest area to invest in how is battery technology.  It's got a long way to go, but in a mobile world, it has limitless target markets.

Thank you,

Ryan