[NTLK] Q: Anyone interested in seeing possibly a Newton/GPS?

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Tue Apr 20 21:39:00 EDT 2010

Actually it sounds harder than it is. I connected a Garmin ForeTrex 101 to
my 2100 with a hand made serial cable. I then used GPS Map Lite for the
display. I made my maps out of MS Map Point and Google mapping. I even used
satellite pics for a bit of Geocaching. Making the maps (or satellite
photos) is explained in my blog here:
http://santamatt.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-i-make-maps-for-my-newton.html or
if that is too long, here: http://tinyurl.com/ydhum6e or here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ydhum6e. And of course, if you have any
questions, Santa is always ready to help.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

Tony Kan wrote:
<snip>
Getting GPS working on a Newton is one of wishlist projects:  Getting the
hardware bits and pieces is not too difficult.  The problem is sorting out
the
maps.  It gets quite tricky and mathematical... :(  Learning NewtonScript
and NS
BASIC seem like smaller mountains to clime.
<snip>