[NTLK] setting up my spare NEWTON

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 01:24:28 EDT 2010

Assuming that you have all necessary extensions on the internal store
then a Linear flash card backup and restore will make the new newton
almost the same as the old one.  Brainwipping the spare with the 2010
issue will be necessary before restoring.

System patches will still need to be installed so don't set the clock
past 2009 till you install the patch.
Any packages that are linked to the serial number will need to be re
registered.

Swapping logic boards will also get the job done 100%.

woody