[NTLK] setting up my spare NEWTON

Andy Hill adhill at fastmail.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 14:31:54 EDT 2010

Hi James

I don't know if this is helpful or not but I wonder if it is worth you
using the Emergency back up utility of SBM utilities. When a memory card
with this on is inserted in the Newton it automatically counts down
about 10 seconds and then does a complete backup. So it's a protection
is you get screen problems and allows you do back up. I could send you
this on an 8MB card if this would help - but perhaps someone more local
to you has it too.

There was a thread a while ago with free registration codes (legitimate
ones) for this utility which were made available to the Newton
community. Follow this thread.

http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=126389042130281&w=2

Good luck

Andy