[NTLK] Annoying auto-responders [Was: USB to serial]

Grant Hutchinson splorp at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 14:45:17 EST 2010

On Dec 8, 2010, at 9:57 AM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

>> As for 1-time auto-replies, I wasn't aware that was possible. Then
>> again, I don't use auto-reply (I can't even find an option on
>> Thuderbird), so it isn't surprising.
>
> Only some services make one-time replies possible.  I never use
> auto-replies, just on the off-chance that someone somehow will put my
> vacation announcement together with my physical address somehow
> pilfered
> from somewhere, and I come home to find out someone decided to visit
> me in
> my absence.  ;-)

Our previous mailing list software was much less lenient with auto-
responders such as this. I'm finding it difficult to get Mailman to
filter out this type of auto-reply message. It could be that the
service in question isn't setting proper response type headers in the
messages, therefore they aren't being picked off by the list software.
If I could set up a text content filter for this type of message, that
would be a good workaround.

I really hate seeing this kind of crap polluting the list.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian

http://splorp.com/newton