[NTLK] Flashing a Lucent Wavelan Silver card to upgrade it to Gold

Tony Morrow gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:05:29 EST 2010

On Feb 15, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Riccardo Mori wrote:

> I guess that, given my situation and the need for WPA, doing the
> upgrade won't bring me much far. *sigh*
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

I can confirm that WPA is not available using a WaveLAN Gold card. I
plugged one into the airport slot of my PowerMac G4. It's recognized
and works with unprotected networks under OS X 10.4, but when
connecting to a WPA protected network you get the following error
message: There was an error joining the AirPort network "<SSID>".